Friday, November 15, 2019

Few words about the life of an Erasmus student







Hello again!     

Yesterday I was looking through photos on my computer and came across the ones from my Erasmus trip. I decided it would be a great topic for another blog entry. So let’s get started a short story about my impressions and memories from student exchange.

I chose Spain as the destination country because I have always been interested in the local culture. I studied Spanish for two years, so to become a fully competent philologist, all I needed was to become part of the Spanish community and surround myself with their habits from all sides. I finally chose  Málaga to become my new city not only for studying but also for living.

Already during the first month all previous fears disappeared because there was so many things to see and to get to know that there was no time to think about returning home or even missing him. I quickly found out that this is an amazing opportunity to meet people from all over the world and create relationships that I wouldn't even think of before. Thanks to this opportunity I got to know not only the culture and mentality of the Spanish people but also learned more about the inhabitants of other countries. I believe that that kind of experience affects our character, because by having to talk in a foreign language and the need to contact other people, we naturally become more open, spontaneous and smiling.

What's more, if someone loves traveling, it's the perfect time to see new places and enjoy the views reminiscent of those from postcards. Visiting Spanish cities, that I previously knew only by name and which are so different from what we know and see every day here in Poland, I understood how important it is to discover the world on my own. We can read about this places or listen to stories about them, however, what we experience ourselves stays with us forever and allows us to create our own opinions and our own memories.


I could talk forever  about how much I gained thanks to this trip but I think it isn’t necessary. In my opinion everyone should dare to take such a step and try a completely different life far away from home. I spent a wonderful six months in Spain that taught me a lot and I will gladly repeat this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does anyone still go to the cinema?

Hello!! Yesterday for the first time in a long time I went to the cinema and, to be honest, I was surprised by the very small atten...