Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Welcome to Italy!



Ciao a tutti!!
Come state? Bene?




I spent the last few days in Italy and I must admit that it was a really amazing time. I went there to visit my friend who is currently in Erasmus in Perugia. Although the November weather in central Italy is very similar to ours or even rainier, it does not take away the magic and charm of this country.

Driving there I was very happy because I love Italian cuisine and Italian language. The very thought of spending the next few days eating pizza and walking the charming streets evoked a smile on my face. I haven't seen my friend in three months, so it was also a great experience, because before her departure we were practically inseparable.


During these few days we were able to visit Rome, Florence and of course Perugia. I have never been to these cities before and despite the almost continuous rain they delighted me completely. Our visiting probably differs slightly from the standard one, because instead of waiting in long queues to museums and paying really big money for admission tickets we choose long walks, taking lots of photos and enjoying tasty food. That's why I certainly won't serve as a good guide and I won't be able to name all the monuments or important locations, but I can easily advise you how to buy a train ticket yourself or where they serve delicious coffee that you can remember for a long time.



When it comes to my private observations and impressions, I can say that this image of Italian towns, filled with laughter and joyful conversations of residents and the smell of coffee or delicious dishes, sold to us in films, is definitely true. You really would like to undermine something and disagree with something, but it's hard to do it when you feel like in the scenery from the movie at every step. And I repeat again, my trip did not take place at sunny and pleasant July, but soaked November and I was delighted even with the view of puddles on the pavement. So it must mean something, Italy can charm you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does anyone still go to the cinema?

Hello!! Yesterday for the first time in a long time I went to the cinema and, to be honest, I was surprised by the very small atten...